24 January 2008

The beginning

And so begins my journey as a new blogger. To be honest, I'm not really sure what all will appear here - hopefully something interesting.

Hm...so I suppose I should explain the name of my blog - Dulcius ex Asperis, This is a motto that I consider on a daily basis; one that I try to always think about and, for the most part, live by. Originally I hadn't planned on translating it for everyone - I figured that would take the fun away, but then I figured that it'd be difficult to talk about if you didn't know what it meant. "Dulcius ex Asperis" is Latin, or at least I think it is and it means sweetness through difficulty. Basically, through the hard and/or bad times will come the good times.

I feel as though this is a phrase that could do everyone a little good. Don't be afraid of hard work - it'll take you places. Nowhere have I learned this more than in graduate school. As I mentioned in my "About Me" section, I'm working toward my masters degree in industrial/organizational psychology - for those of you who've no idea what that means, stay tuned as I'm sure I'll both explain and talk about it later on.

Alright, that's it for tonight. Thanks very much for stopping by and reading my little blog. Until next time...

-J

1 comment:

Lauren Sausage said...

It's also the Ferguson family motto, it's on the family crest, hense the honey bee on the thistle... I live by it too.
I'm a Ferguson by the way.