28 January 2008

It's the little things that matter most

Ok...I need to correct a mistake in the "About Me" section...or rather an omission. I forgot to mention my girlfriend that I've been with for nearly 2 years. She reminded me, ever so humbly, that I forgot to mention her, so now she gets an entire post, just for her!

Anyway, aside from her reminder, it was something that happened tonight that was the real inspiration for this blog post. There was nothing remarkable about my day - I didn't give any great answers in class, didn't accomplish a whole lot in the line of work or homework, and didn't really do anything that made me feel overly impressed with myself. However, after talking with my girlfriend, T, for a while tonight she said that she'd "wait...patiently" for something to happen (I'm sure there'll be more on this topic at a later time). For whatever reason, that made the day a lot better, granted it was at 1100pm or so, but still...totally brightened my day and made me feel like the most important person in the world - much more so than would any answer given in class, "A" on a test/paper, or completion of a project at work.

While this post may appear vague to some, I think it'll be clear to the one person that it need to be. Moral of the story - don't over look the small things that people say and/or do for you; sometimes they can make all the difference in the world - or at least, all the difference to you.

-J

No comments: