06 February 2008

Minor irritations

Hey all - sorry it's been so long since my last blog entry...just haven't really been sure of what to write. But fear not, I haven't forgotten about my blogging responsibilities!

Ok, so I have a minor tuft with people today. Today is my birthday...emphasis there on the "my" part. It's my understanding that different people celebrate their birthdays in different ways. If this is the case, does this also include the lack of celebrating one's birthday? I believe this to be the case, and as such, I feel that it is well within my birthday celebration rights, to refrain from celebrating. For whatever reason, my lack of a celebratory mood seems to bother people, but I can't understand why. Everyone enjoys celebrating their birthday, as they are free to do, but just because they enjoy celebrating their birthday doesn't necessarily mean that I, too, have to enjoy celebrating my birthday. I was informed today that this makes me a "Grinch," but again, I don't understand why. I'm not prohibiting anyone else from partaking in a celebration, in fact I welcome them to. I don't downplay the importance of their birthday; it's an important time in one's life; unless of course, you are like myself, in which case your birthday means nothing more to you than the days both before and after it.

My apologies for venting, but I'm getting irritated by peoples' lack of respect for how I choose to celebrate my birthday. So please, celebrate your birthday as you will, I'll even join in the festivities, so long as they are not for my own birthday.

Happy birthday to me

-J

No comments: